CASA of Oklahoma County’s thorough training process provides the volunteer with in-depth information about the courts and case dynamics. Training takes place in a classroom setting and lasts for eight weeks. Please contact our Recruitment Director for more information on our training options. Day sessions take place on Thursdays from 11 AM – 2 PM each week and night sessions take place on Tuesdays from 5:30 – 8:30 PM each week.
2018 Training Schedule
• Thursday (Day) Session 4: 10/4/2018-11/29/2018
• Tuesday (Night) Session 5: 10/16/2018-12/4/2018
2019 Training Schedule
• Tuesday (Night) Cycle A: 1/8/2019-2/26/2019
• Thursday (Day) Cycle A: 1/10/2019-2/28/2019
• Tuesday (Night) Cycle B: 3/19/2019-5/7/2019
• Thursday (Day) Cycle B: 3/21/2019-5/9/2019
• Tuesday (Night) Cycle C: 5/21/2019-7/9/2019
• Thursday (Day) Cycle C: 8/8/2019-9/26/2019
• Tuesday (Night) Cycle D: 8/6/2019-9/24/2019
• Thursday (Day) Cycle D: 10/3/2019-11/21/2019
• Tuesday (Night) Cycle E: 10/1/2019-11/19/2019
After becoming a volunteer, additional training is required annually in compliance with national standard. In-service formal training is available quarterly to help volunteers meet the twelve hours of continuing education annually. This is a great way for practicing advocate volunteers to keep their basic skills sharp and to provide a more in-depth study of critical issues relating to child abuse and neglect. In-service and other trainings can be found on our calendar.